Hi friends! I’m back from moving/wedding/honeymoon/general life craziness.
It’s a bit surreal to be honest. Andrew and I have been together for over 7 years but there’s a different feel to our relationship. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, “I have a husband now” and it’s crazy and exciting at the same time even though fundamentally our relationship hasn’t changed. I guess before marriage there were all these milestones to reach, like going from dating to a committed relationship, to moving in together, to getting engaged, and planning a wedding, etc. There’s a finality to being married, like we’ve reached the last place we could take our relationship, we’ll be married for the rest of our lives and anything can happen from here on out. The possibilities between us are literally endless and I find that really exciting!
Our wedding was off the charts fun, the dancing was nuts, and our guests showered us with so much love. You know your wedding’s good when the servers come up to you and tell you how much fun they’re having, right??
I’ll go into more details about our wedding once we get photos from our photographer (waiting is soooo hard).
In the mean time, to my last post “11 Things I’ve Learned Planning Our Wedding” I have a few extra thoughts now that I actually went through the process:
– Be prepared for the adrenaline rush. I felt like I was on happy/crazy drugs the entire day.
– It’ll be impossible to talk to everyone.
– Top notch, reliable vendors = a good wedding team = a smooth running wedding
– Have a shot list for your photographer so they can ensure those pictures will be shot.
– Remember to stay hydrated.
– Assign someone from our wedding party to order food for the group while you’re getting ready.
– Have a private room or close off an area where you can go to escape and not be bothered.
– Krispy Kreme wedding favours is life
– The bride and groom set the tone for the wedding. If you’re having fun, your guests will pick up on that.
– The day will go by SO. FAST. Savour each second.
This newlywed will be back next week with a new post. Until then!
Photo courtesy of our amazing wedding photographer, Maison Blanche.